Nourish your residents with a food wholesaler that cares
As one of the UK’s leading foodservice distributors supplying care homes across the UK, we’re proud of our work and expertise in the sector, and to be a premier partner to the NACC.
We fully appreciate the importance of mealtimes in a care home and that each resident’s dietary needs are different. We work closely with our customers to understand their care home and tailor our support with planning menus, catering for specialist diets and nutritional needs. Our team are passionate about care catering and offer a truly bespoke approach. We provide:
- Consolidated deliveries - a simple, fully consolidated delivery solution with ambient, chilled, meat, alcohol, frozen and non-food products all arriving on the same lorry saving you precious labour, time and costs.
- Catering for specialist diets – Our dedicated care sector food development team bring passion, knowledge and experience of catering for conditions such as dysphagia or dementia and dealing with fortification requirements. Support is provided by recipe suggestions, menu planning and guidance for your teams. In addition, we offer a complete meal solution through our exclusive Simply Puree brand - a range of over 40 texture-modified, IDDSI compliant meals, for residents who suffer from dysphagia.
- Support tools – We aim to help make your life easier with a library of information, from videos on catering for specialist diets, to handbooks and product guides. Our Catering with Care and Care Catering Handbook are accompanied by our recipe, dementia and dysphagia guides. We also support customers to minimise waste and manage costs.
- A wide choice of products – we are proud to offer a range of over 13,000 branded and own brand products and are constantly reviewing our ranges to meet customer needs. Our Everyday Favourites brand features store cupboard essentials whilst our Premium Selection brand offers your residents the finest food from the best ingredients.
- Meat category expertise – Farmstead is our fresh meat brand, offering a wide range of butcher-quality, farm-traceable products from selected suppliers with whom we have built long-term partnerships. It includes a specific range of fresh meat for care homes, with smaller portions and pack sizes to provide flexibility with cooking times and portion control.
- Wines, beers and spirits – Through our partnership with Enotria&Coe, we bring you our Unity brand, exclusively available through Bidfood. The range contains your favourite brands, plus support to create wine lists, food pairing ideas and range development support. We can also support your staff with training and wine tasting events for your residents.
- Catering supplies range - With great food comes the need for great catering supplies too – and we’ve got everything to meet your needs from personal protective equipment, kitchen tools, specialist tableware and cleaning chemicals. Our own brand Essential Supplies range includes quality, good value, non-food products for daily use such as cleaning chemicals, tin foil, paper plates and napkins.Our team – From our experienced chefs to account managers, our team are truly passionate about the care sector and have a wealth of knowledge to support you.
Find out more at Bidfood.co.uk/care-homes