That’s the message from British company Bullseye, which has developed a system of packing and sealing care sector meals using its bespoke meal trays and easy to use sealing machines. The system can be used for preparing either fresh ready-packed meals (which can be delivered hot, chilled or frozen) or for portioning up leftover food to offer as an alternative at a later date. It’s a fast, safe solution and, not surprisingly, already a big hit with dozens of care homes and meals-on-wheels
providers across the UK.
Other advantages of the trays include:
- Improved safety:
- Trays stay cool to the touch, even when the food inside is piping hot
- No sharp edges (unlike metal containers)
- Trays maintain their shape when heated and won’t shatter if dropped when frozen (unlike plastic trays)
- Flexible uses:
- Trays can be heated in both microwave and conventional ovens, up to 210°C
- Trays can also be frozen down to -40°C, and regenerated straight from frozen
- Trays are produced from sustainably-sourced paper, with the forests which supply the paper actually growing in size
- Trays are very lightweight, reducing transport emissions
Now, the Bullseye trays are being used everywhere from a Mongolian mine to a Scottish police cell and a Harrogate home meals service. Other customers have discovered that this is also a very flexible way of creating a ‘bank’ of pre-prepared meals for those with special dietary requirements. Yet more are using the trays to offer additional, chargeable, services such as a take-away offer fresh from their own kitchens, creating additional income streams as a direct result of using the Bullseye system.
Having been Premier Partners of the NACC for more than ten years, Bullseye are trusted partners to many members and their teams. They offer no-nonsense, no obligation site visits to discuss your requirements and assess your needs, working with you and your catering teams to make the most of your available space, budgets and resources. All installation, set-up and training is provided free of charge, as well as low-cost rental schemes for the sealing machinery, so there is no large financial risk involved in making the switch.
To arrange your site visit, or just for an informal discussion, call Bullseye on 0800 011 2311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org