Oak House Residential Home Ltd, Rutland Salary: £9.50-£10.50 per hour. Hours: Full Time Closing Date: 31 July 2018
Job Type: Closing Date: 31 July 2018
Summary of the Job
- To prepare and cook a balanced, nutritious diet within a controlled hygienic environment specific to residents individual needs.
- To manage the day to day running of the kitchen and team.
- To ensure residents dietary information is recorded by kitchen team every mealtime
To support the training of the trainee(s) in line with a training plan, communicating to the chefs involved in the process. Feeding back to the KM and trainee(s) as appropriate.
- To support the delivery of a varied menu by being involved during the process of menu development and ensure menus systems are reviewed and kitchen team have relevant ingredients, recipes and allergen information.
- To ensure bulk orders (food/chemicals) are made in line with weekly menus, ensuring the greatest benefit to the business.
- To control stock, rotate and monitor cost of purchases.
- To ensure cleaning rotas are appropriate, up to date and followed up on regularly.
- To ensure HACCP systems are being used on a daily basis.
- To carry out nutrition assessments for all residents, or more frequently for high risk residents.
- To ensure any resident changes in nutritional status are communicated to the KM and team, and ensure individual strategies are being adhered to.
- To review and update residents nutrition plans on a monthly basis or more regularly for high risk residents
- To ensure that rotas are available and that any problems are dealt with, with the support of the KM.
- To ensure that menu folders are available for use, fully stocked with relevant sheets and that historical documents are filed away.
- To ensure kitchen information is updated and available in kitchen; drinks lists, service sheets, allergen information et al.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- To induct new kitchen staff to Oak House standard and support with training needs in line with current legislation.
- To carry out supervisions with kitchen staff
- To be responsible for checking the hours worked by the kitchen staff and amend off duty as needed.
- To approve and monitor holidays and ensure kitchen staff take annual leave within the prescribed period.
- To liaise with health professionals and feed information to kitchen and care teams.
- To chair monthly kitchen meetings and record minutes.
- To review nutrition policies and strategies periodically.
- Ensure Management, Maintenance and Health and Safety issues are followed up on in a timely fashion and reviewed as required.
- To perform other duties on behalf of Oak House as maybe required (lunch club, parties, etc.)